The default setting for your Google Calendar is setting up meeting time slots which can be useful if you and your client both have a meeting time in mind – however, if you don’t and are relatively free throughout the day, you can set up appointment slots.
In Further Education, we have used this to set up one to one slots with learners where their teacher will set up an available time slot and the student will pick the time best suited for them – it really works and means everyone is happy.
To access Appointment Slots:
1. Click on the time slot you wish to create appointment slots within
2. The meetings box will open and here you can select whether you want it to be an ‘Event’, an ‘Out of Office’ or an ‘Appointment Slot’ – Click ‘Appointment Slot’
3. This will change your options and you will now be able to go ahead and choose the duration of your slots and who’s calendar it appears in.
4. You can send the link out to your time slots by clicking again on the slot and selecting ‘Go to appointment page for this calendar’
5. This will then take the person to a version of your Calendar where they can select the one to one session they like.
6. They will then be able to fill out ‘Where’ and the description and finish booking the appointment.
Thanks for reading through! If you get stuck at all, feel free to Tweet or DM me @CharlieLecuyer9 on Twitter.
*For this short tutorial on creating appointment slots, I used the premium version of Screencastify to crop, trim and convert my screencasts to gifs.