In 2021, I read 133 books.
My shortest book was The Falling Shroud by Oscar De Muriel, and my longest was The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. I read a large range of genres and really threw myself into reading. I used to love reading and lost it along the way, but now I feel I have the time and patience to get back to it. I am going to list my top five favourite books, but they are not in any particular order.
- We Were Liars by e. lockhart – if you like books that make no sense, then make a lot of sense, this is for you.
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Do by Amy Morin – the most incredible self-help, but not self-help, book I’ve ever read. Recommended by Selena Gomez and really helped me to take back the power in my life.
- My Name is Why by Lemn Sissay – a heartfelt, eye-opening book that really tells a story that will make you happy and make you cry. Recommended by Sky Caves who always knows of the best books.
- Rewiring Education by John D. Couch – a great book on how to support students with using technology, and making education fit the student. Recommended by Scott Hayden, of course.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – the most beautiful, romance book about a girl with a rare disease who can’t go outside. She falls in love with the boy outside her window and takes some risks… much to her mother’s dismay.