Analyse different ways of using minimum core in the delivery of your lessons, give examples of literacy, numeracy, ICT & language. Comment on how successful these methods are in improving core skills.
I deliver Games Testing to 16-23 year olds. It can be difficult to differentiate work due to the age difference and skill level difference.
Ways I can use English in my delivery:
- Speaking to learners – delivering the session, managing behaviour, greeting students, praising students
- Getting learners to listen – to video tutorials, to you delivering the session, to each other in peer collaboration work
- Having learners read resources
- Getting learners to check their assignments – checking spelling, grammar and punctuation, reading,
Ways I can use maths in my delivery:
- Getting learners to calculate how many bugs have passed/ failed/ how many there are etc
- Timing games testing for students giving them real life industry scenarios
Ways I can use digital and ICT in my delivery:
- Using presentations, getting learners to complete interactive presentation and activities
- Getting learners to use videos to help them learn how to do new topics
- Using Google Classroom in the lesson, getting learners to answer questions
The methods I am using with my learners are successful because it means they are learning the skills without necessarily realising.